How to get the most out of your flight lessons- Part 6
How should you schedule your time and what are realistic expectations in order to achieve your goals? These are questions that you may be asking yourself when you begin your private pilots lessons in Sydney with us and our highly trained team. We are here to help and have some tips on how you can properly manage your time to complete your private pilot license in a decent timeframe...
INFORMATION COLLECTED AND USED BY SYDNEY FLYING ACADEMY (SFA) WILL BE COLLECTED AND MANAGED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE PRIVACY ACT
1988 AS AMENDED, INCLUDING THE AUSTRALIAN PRIVACY PRINCIPLES (APPS) SET OUT IN SCHEDULE 1 OF THE PRIVACY AMENDMENT (ENHANCING PRIVACY
PROTECTION) ACT 2012.
SFA will at all times ensure that the information collected about an individual, from the individual themselves, including students, clients, and staff, and the collection and storage of their personal information, will be secure and not distributed without that individual’s explicit written consent.
SFA takes all reasonable steps to keep personal information secure at all times and ensures that the personal information it collects, and discloses to others, is accurate, complete, and up to date. If an individual establishes that the information held about them is not accurate, complete, up to date, relevant or misleading; once notified of this, SFA will take all reasonable steps to correct the information.
Personal information is collected for the primary purposes of creating enrolment records, determining funding eligibility and sources and reporting training activity. The personal information collected and held by SFA could include but is not limited to:
- Date of Birth
- Current and previous overseas and Australian address
- Telephone number/s
- Email addresses
- Passport or Driver Licence Number
- ABN / ACN
- Visa number and class
- Bank Account Details
- Health Care Card
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
SFA collects personal information in a number of ways, including, but not limited to:
- Information from applicants expressing interest or applying for enrolment into a SFA course, collected on SFA Expression of Interest and Enrolment Application forms (electronic or hard copy)
- Information from Education Agents acting on behalf of students where students have expressly authorised the Education Agent to act on their behalf
- Personal details collected at marketing activities, expos, from email enquiries and interested parties seeking information about SFA services, training opportunities and eligibility for government funding
- Personal information will not be collected unless:
- The information is collected for a purpose directly related to SFA training
- The collection of the information is necessary for that purpose
- The information is collected for a purpose directly related to SFA training
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information collected may be used:
- To create a student record in the SFA Student Management System (SMS) and record individual information in each student’s file.
- To record student information and progression of training and education courses in the Student Management System
- To maintain evidence of participation, progression and completion in individual student (hard copy and electronic format) files.
- For sending notifications related to the training services to individuals at their request
- For emergency contact details for the purposes of contacting appropriate next of kin in the event of an unforeseen emergency
- Supply of information to CASA or RAAus in relation to the students learning outcomes
- Where personal information is collected for inclusion in records held by SFA or for transfer to a government authority, SFA will make known why the information is being collected and with whom the information may be shared. The information will only be collected if relevant to that purpose. The collection of the information must not intrude to an unreasonable extent upon the personal affairs of the Student
ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
Students may apply in writing to the School Operations Manager to be given access to their own personal information held by SFA. Access will be granted within 10 business days. SFA will not disclose any personal information without first establishing the identity of the person requesting the information.
STORAGE AND SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
SFA has implemented technology and security systems, policies and measures to protect the personal information we collect. Personal data is protected by security safeguards against loss, unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure, and against other misuse.
SFA will maintain operational procedures to manage:
- The nature of the records of personal information kept
- The purpose for which each type of record is kept
- The period for which each type of record is kept
- The persons who are entitled to have access to personal information held by SFA
- The conditions under which personal information can be accessed
- The steps that should be taken by persons wishing to obtain access to that information
SFA will not disclose the information it collects from an individual unless:
- The individual concerned has been made aware that information of that kind is usually passed to that person, body or agency
- The individual concerned has consented to the disclosure
- SFA believes on reasonable grounds that the disclosure is necessary to prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to the life or health of the student or of another person
- The disclosure is required or authorised by or under law, or
- The disclosure is necessary for the enforcement of the criminal law or of a law imposing a pecuniary penalty, or for the protection of the public revenue.
Where personal information is disclosed for the purposes of enforcement of the criminal law or of a law imposing a pecuniary penalty, or for the purpose of the protection of the public revenue, the record-keeper shall include in the record containing that information a note of the disclosure.
Any complaint by an individual regarding SFA’s management or handling of personal information should be forwarded to the School Operations Manager
The Student Administration Manager is responsible for the implementation of this policy and procedure
Terms And Conditions
Terms & Conditions:
- Strictly one voucher per person, multiples can be purchased as gifts
- All additional flights after the first flight will be charged at Sydney Flying Academy's normal current flying rates
- Participants must be aged 12-years or older (younger is at the discretion of Sydney Flying Academy) and weigh less than 110 kg and height less then 200cm
- Participants under 18 must have signed parental permission
- Flights operate 7 days a week 9am to 5pm on weekdays, 8am to 6pm on weekends, excluding public holidays
- Bookings are subject to voucher Expiry Date which is 90 days from purchase
- Not valid: Public Holidays
- Before flying you will be required to complete and submit a Free RAAus Temporary membership and Contact Information form which contains Sydney Flying Academy's flying terms and conditions
- If Sydney Flying Academy cancels due to unforeseen circumstances such as weather, you must email us to rebook within 2 weeks of the cancellation (even after the validity) Refunds will not be offered for customers where flights have been cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances like weather, aircraft maintenance
- No shows, will forfeit their voucher
- Sydney Flying Academy reserves the right to vary or cancel flights depending on operational considerations, air traffic control, weather conditions or at the pilot’s discretion
- Bookings are subject to availability. Book early to secure your desired date - weekend dates fill quickly so book early to avoid disappointment
- 7 day cooling off period applies
- ALL VOUCHERS ARE NON REFUNDABLE
- 48 hour change policy or $100 rebooking fee applies
- Voucher will be void if in breach of Voucher Terms & Conditions