What is the difference between RPC and RPL?

A Recreational Pilot Certificate (RPC), is issued by your CFI at our aviation school in Sydney. The RPC will allow you to fly one passenger in a Light Sport Aircraft, which is RA registered up to the maximum take-off weight of 600kg (Sling 2 LSA).

A Recreational Pilot Licence (RPL), is issued by CASA, allowing you to fly larger aircraft, up to 1500kg (ie.Cessna 172). Once you receive your RPC with us, we can help you fill out a couple of simple forms to directly convert your RPC to an RPL, all you need to do is activate your RPL with a couple of familiarisation flights and a flight review with a Grade1 or 2 instructor, in a VH-registered aircraft to activate your RPL.